Thursday, April 10, 2008

Practical Nurses: Let's Give It A Try

When I was still in high school I heard many of my friends say that they wanted to take up nursing. I asked them why and I got the same answer from all of them. They all wanted to work abroad. Nobody answered they wanted to serve their countrymen. Huh! You might laugh at me because I was still expecting that somebody would this answer. But if I were to be a nurse I would like to serve here in the Philippines because I feel that it’s everyone’s duty to serve his or her country. This might sound too patriotic but I really believe in this.

You might be wondering why I wrote this. Well first, I just received a message from my friend (a nursing student) that she just graduated. Second, I read this article from Yehey! about practical nurses. According to the article CHED is pushing for the practical nurse course because this will solve the problem of lack of nurses in Barrios and poor communities. I believe this is something good because there is really a need for nurses who are willing to work in poor communities. If all the nurses trained through higher education would leave the country, who will be left to take care of the sick Filipinos?

To read more about the article check out http://www.yehey.com/news/Article.aspx?id=208628

No comments: