Monday, April 28, 2008

Eureka!!!

Great discoveries and improvements invariably involve the cooperation of many minds. I may be given credit for having blazed the trail but when I look at the subsequent developments I feel the credit is due to others rather than to myself.
-Alexander Graham Bell


If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.
-Isaac Newton


Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.
-Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
-Daniel J. Boorstin

It is a mortifying truth, and ought to teach the wisest of us humility, that many of the most valuable discoveries have been the result of chance, rather than of contemplation, and of accident, rather than of design.
-Charles Caleb Colton

No comments: