Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One Night with RJ Jimenez

“Every song for me is a miracle”- RJ Jimenez

My encounter with RJ Jimenez last Friday was really a memorable experience because that would be my first time to talk to a celebrity. Hay… I was really spell bounded when he sat in front of me because I never expected that he looks more handsome in person compared when I only get to see him in pictures. So let me tell you my experience that night.

Let’s start first on how I got to the venue. Hehehehe honestly I was not really familiar with the venue because I am not a party girl. Hahaha I don’t usually go out at night. But my friend and I still tried our best to go to the event. Hehehe we rode the MRT which was very crowded that time. But despite that, our eagerness to see the event surfaced. Hay finally after going through a crowded station and riding a taxi, we finally arrived.

So what happened when we arrived? Well we waited for sometime but I tell you it was worth it because the food was great and I also got to see RJ. But before, I got the chance to see RJ; he performed first to entice the crowd. He sang his version of “All My Life.” His voce was really relaxing and it was really different compared to other male singers who have low and big voices.

Now let’s go to the exciting part… the q&a. For the Q&A RJ went from table to table to entertain questions. When it was our table’s turn, I was a bit shocked because the only vacant chair was the one in front of me so I had no choice but to really face him. RJ was a very kind and jolly that night. He was so energetic despite the number of people who wanted to interview him. That night, RJ answered all the questions that we asked him. I learned that his idols are John Mayer and Jason Mraz. For the local artists, he idolizes Ogie Alcasid. I was impressed on how RJ answered our questions because he was calm and sincere, even though some of the questions were about him and Yeng. I was also amazed on how he comes up with his songs because according to him, they usually just pop out of his head. Aside from that, he also said that his inspiration is the Filipinos. All his songs are for us.

Hahahaha he is really amazing. I just hope he continues his dedication to contribute to OPM and his love for music.

No comments: