Monday, May 19, 2008

Secrets Underneath the Sea

During summer most people think of going to the beach. It’s very obvious why. Of, course people want to feel the cool water underneath their skin. The cool water comforts and refreshes people under the scorching sun. This is also what I love about the beach. However, aside from that I also love being one with nature. I especially love seeing different kinds of fish and other sea creatures. Just like me most of you go to the beach to enjoy, right? But have you ever thought that underneath the beauty of the ocean there lie ugly truths about us???

The seas here in the Philippines house many exotic kinds of fish and sea creatures. Many of the waters here are considered as one of those seas which contain the most diversified creatures on earth. However, underneath this beauty, as you go deeper into the ocean you will begin to discover that it hides secrets. It hides the ugliness of people. What am I trying to say??? What I am trying to say is that, the ocean hides our uncaring side. It hides the truth that people who admire the beauty of the ocean are sometimes the one causing its destruction. Isn’t this true??? Well, I believe it is true because whenever I am a the beach I see many people who after enjoying the relaxation that the ocean provides them, just leave without taking their trash away with them. Imagine, kahit napakaliit na kalat hindi pa nila mabitbit. Ganun ba kahirap ang magtapon ng sariling kalat? I really find this weird because if we really admire the ocean and we want to continue enjoying its cool water, why are we causing its destruction? Di ba tayo rin ang mawawalan kapag nasira ang mga dagat? Nakakalungkot lang talagang isipin na iilan lang sa atin ang may pakialam sa kapaligiran natin. I really feel that people wshould start re-evaluating themselves. Mukang kailangan ng total overhaul ng mga Pilipino.

With the ending summer vacation, I know that many of you have already enjoyed the beach. I just hope that you’re not one of the people who went to the beach to admire it at first and then slowly destroy it after having fun.

No comments: