Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Let us respect what is SACRED...

I recently read from an article that the Church banned gays from dressing as female saints in processions and religious festivals. Well this should not sound strange because processions and religious festivals are sacred. These festivals portray the lives of the saints to whom we give our veneration.

I agree to what the Church did. To some gays this might appear like discrimination against them because they are not allowed to participate but I believe that it was the right thing to do because the Church is just trying to protect the sacredness of these processions and festivals. I have nothing against gays but I believe that as Catholics they should know that being homosexual is not encouraged by the Church because for the Church God only made man and woman. They should understand that as Catholics they have the obligation to keep the sacredness of the saints and the festivals. If they want to participate in the festivals they could do so but not as female saints because having them cross dress as females could cause the sacred image of the saints to be tarnished.

In addition, I don’t see cross dressing as something fit for any religious activity because it’s like disrespecting what God has given us. I see it as a way of rebelling towards God. Like what I said a while ago I am not against gays, I just believe that they should dress properly in front of God. They should realize that the Church is a sacred place that they should respect.

*** Wala akong pintatamaan. I respect gays and I even have gay friends. Gusto ko lang sabihin ang view ko regarding the topic

No comments: