Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It Strikes Again...

Last night while I was comfortably sitting inside the car I saw many people outside walking under the rain. I then realized that those people were looking for transportation. I remembered na may transport strike nga pala kahapon and it seemed to be successful. The EDSA road was flooded not with water but with people who were desperate to find a ride home. Some people were even going up the flyover just to look for jeepneys and buses. Parang maha na araw kahapon dahil ang daming taong naglalakad. Imagine, some had kids with them but they had no choice but to walk because no ride was available.

I really don’t know if these transport groups understand the burden that they give to common Filipinos. I understand that they are fighting for proper transport fare. Alam ko rin na kaya nila ginagawa yun kasi kailangan talaga nilang kumita. Mahirap naman talaga magkaroon ng pera ngayon eh. But what I don’t understand is why they do the strike at the expense of the common Filipinos. Sobrang nakakaawa yung mga tao kahapon kasi kailangan pa nilang maglakad just to find a ride. I really don’t know why the common Filipinos should be the one to suffer the consequences of the actions of the transport group. Wala na bang maisip na paaran ang mga transport group para ang mga taong kinakalaban talaga nila ang tamaan. The government is their enemy so why cause burden to the innocent???

I believe that these groups should somehow weigh the effects of their actions. They should see to it that they only affect the enemy. They should not include the Filipinos who like them are struggling to earn money and make both ends meet. Lahat naman halos ngayon hirap kumita ng pera. The drivers are not the only ones suffering. I really hope that the transport group would take the other Filipinos in consideration before they do another strike.

No comments: